- Don’t give your account number to anyone on the phone unless you’ve made the call to a company you know to be reputable. If you’ve never done business with them before, do an online search first for reviews or complaints
- Carry your cards separately from y our wallet. It can minimize your losses if someone steals your wallet or purse. And carry only the card you need for that outing.
- During a transaction, keep your eye on your card. Make sure you get it back before you walk away.
- Never sign a blank receipt. Draw a line through any blank spaces above the total.
- Save your receipts to compare with your statements
- Open your bills promptly – or check them online often – and reconcile them with the purchases you’ve made.
- Report any questionable charges to the card issuer.
- Notify your card issuer promptly if your address changes or if you will be traveling.
- Don’t write your account number on the outside of an envelope.
At our next annual meeting, April 17, 2017, there will be two Board of Directors positions open for re-election. The Board Chairman has appointed a nominating committee at the November Board of Directors’ meeting to interview potential members to fill these positions. If you would like to nominate a member to be on the Board of Directors, you can send a brief statement of qualifications and biographical data of the person being nominated along with a petition signed by 1% of our membership (65 members) showing support for this member no later than February 17, 2015 to: Heart O’ Texas FCU, Board Secretary / Treasurer, P. O. Box 11, Waco, Texas 76703. The person nominated must also include a statement that they are agreeable to the nomination and will serve if elected. The election will be conducted by ballot at the annual meeting if there are multiple nominations for a position. There will be no nominations from the floor if there are nominees for each position to be filled. There will be no ballot if there is only one nominee per position. A list of those nominated by the nominating committee along with their qualifications is below….Barbara Sias-Chinn, DDS., Secretary / Treasurer, Board of Directors.
RON FRITZ: Credit Union member since 1986. Board Chairman since 2013. Originally from South Dakota. Retired from the U.S. Navy in Dallas, Texas after 21 years of service. Retired from L-3 Communications after 22 years. Member of the Board of Directors since 1991. Completed 18 parts of the Credit Union Volunteer Achievement program.
BARBARA SIAS-CHINN, DDS: Credit Union member since 1994. Native of Mississippi. Biology degree from Tougaloo College in Jackson, MS. Doctor of Dental Surgery from Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN. Served the U.S. Army 22 years as a Dentist. Retired with the rank of Colonel. First female dentist to receive advanced dental training in the military. Private practice in Killeen, TX. Member of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., the Greater Vision Community Church, and the Central Texas Dental Society. Completed 6 parts of the Credit Union Volunteer Achievement Program. Director since 1994.
No payments for 90 days is back on all vehicle loans originated between now and March 31, 2017!!!
Call your loan officer TODAY!!!
Heart O’ Texas Federal Credit Union